Tuesday 2 & Wednesday 3 October: 10.00 – 17.00
This conference, organised in conjunction with the exhibition, brings together over fifteen leading sinologists and art historians from the UK, the US, continental Europe, as well as mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Over the course of two days, scholars will present and discuss papers under four themes:
- Daily Life in Han Society
- Contacts with the Outside World
- Preparing for the Afterlife
- Searching for Eternity
- Dr Michael Loewe (editor/authorof The Cambridge History of Ancient China)
- Michèle Pirazzoli-t’Serstevens (Professor Emerita of École pratique des hautes études, Paris)
- Professor Dame Jessica Rawson (Oxford Centre for Asian Archaeology, Art and Culture)
For prices and to book please email: email@example.com
or telephone 01223 332904.
Please keep checking this page for further information on the conference and speakers as they are announced.